Lakeland Co-op is currently seeking an ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK to join the team at our Administration Office at 6020-54 Avenue, Bonnyville, Alberta.
Who we are:
Lakeland Co-op does business differently. Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We’ve been working to build our community since our association was established in 1984.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Administrative Clerk with experience in a retail setting, a desire to deliver excellent customer service, and outstanding organizational skills. Our Administrative Clerk will provide reception, administrative and clerical services to support an effective and efficient operation.
The Administrative Clerk will perform a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
• Establish excellent rapport with customers and provide exemplary service in all capacities
• Act as the first point of contact, greeting visitors, handling requests for information, and directing visitors to appropriate personnel
• Focus daily on data entry including processing data, filing, and maintaining correspondence
• Work with the finance department to ensure transactions and records are maintained and communicated accurately, prepare monthly statements, assist members with account inquiries, etc.
• Support Lakeland Co-op Membership including facilitating the membership process, assisting all members with inquiries, change of address, etc.
• Represent Lakeland Co-op in a professional and positive manner
Who you are:
We are seeking candidates with the following preferred qualifications:
• Knowledge of office administration best practices and 1-3 years administrative experience
• Relevant education is an asset, and accounting experience preferred
• Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Very strong interpersonal and customer services skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with employees within all departments, as well as with customers and suppliers to provide information
• Pleasant telephone manner and ability to use paging system
• Adept at working in a fast-paced team environment
• The ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously, with numerous interruptions
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required
• A commitment to teamwork, leadership, and integrity
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Honest and trustworthy, results-oriented and striving to be the best in what you do
• Acceptance of Lakeland Co-op’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
• Other duties as assigned
We offer competitive wages, encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities in order to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.