Lakeland Co-op is currently seeking a Sales Floor/Hardware Manager for our Home Centre at 5411 Eastpointe Avenue, Bonnyville, Alberta.
Who we are:
Lakeland Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We’ve been working to build our community since our association was established in 1984.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Sales Floor/Hardware Manager will:
- prepare, administer and manage the sales margins, expenses, and inventory of the Home Center Sales Floor.
- Ensure a positive customer experience and provide customers with a high-level of product knowledge to assist with purchase decisions.
- Ensure a positive customer experience by offering customers with a high-level of product knowledge to assist with purchase decisions
- Develop and maintain relationships with members/customers/vendors and proactively drive sales while providing excellent customer service
- Provide leadership and direction for planning and execution of display areas ensuring proper preparation of promotions through planograms
- Participate in the talent management, development and performance management for floor staff and supervisors including development and management of the schedules of departmental staff
- Oversee inventory control, ordering and receiving for the HABS store
- Demonstrate and role model behavior that is consistent with organizational expectations, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all HR, Operational, Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulation
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
- You are looking for a career in Retail Home and Building and:
- You have a post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of Home Centre retail experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong knowledge of construction products and practices would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential for success
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
We offer competitive wages, encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities in order to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.