Lakeland Co-op is currently seeking a HOME CENTRE SHIPPER/RECEIVER for our Home Centre at 5411 Eastpointe Way, Bonnyville, Alberta
Who we are:
Lakeland Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We’ve been working to build our community since our association was established in 1984.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Home Centre Shipper/Receiver who is eager to be a part of a great retail team, enthusiastic about representing and handling Co-op products and services, and has the skills and desire to provide outstanding service.
Our Home Centre Shipper/Receiver will:
• Provide a friendly rapport with customers and team members and exemplary service in all capacities
• Be responsible for shipping and receiving existing and incoming products for customer orders and merchandise sales
• Efficiently and accurately maintain records of receiving, record shortages and defects, initiate claims to suppliers, and organize shipping orders
• Route merchandise to the appropriate display area(s), yard area(s) or storage area(s)
• Utilize a high attention to detail in maintaining and organizing the warehouse environment
• Assist with inventory control and a variety of other tasks as assigned
• Represent Lakeland Co-op in a professional and positive manner
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
We are seeking candidates with the following preferred qualifications:
• Experience working in a retail setting with an understanding of basic retail concepts
• Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and customer services skills
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Honest and trustworthy, strong work ethic, and striving to be the best at what you do
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• The ability to lift 25+ pounds and to stand for long periods of time
• Acceptance of Lakeland Co-op’s Retail and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
We offer competitive wages, encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities in order to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.