Lakeland Co-op is currently seeking HOME CENTRE SALES CLERKS for our Home Centre at 5411 Eastpointe Way, Bonnyville, Alberta
Who we are:
Lakeland Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We’ve been working to build our community since our association was established in 1984. The Lakeland Co-op Home Centre opened in 2016.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for Home Centre Sales Clerks who are eager to be a part of a great retail team, enthusiastic about representing and promoting our products and services, and have the skills and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
Our Home Centre Sales Clerks will:
• Establish great rapport with customers and provide exemplary service in all capacities
• Stay up-to-date and have a workable understanding of Home Centre products and promotions in order to fully assist customers and foster sales
• Utilize a high attention to detail in maintaining and developing the Home Centre environment
• Assist with inventory control, product merchandising, order receiving, department organization, and a variety of other tasks as assigned
• Efficiently and accurately record all transactions on the POS (Point of Sale) system
• Represent Lakeland Co-op in a professional and positive manner
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
We are seeking candidates with the following preferred qualifications:
• Experience working in a retail setting with an understanding of basic retail concepts
• Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and customer services skills
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Honest and trustworthy, strong work ethic, and striving to be the best at what you do
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• The ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends as needed
• Acceptance of Lakeland Co-op’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
We offer competitive wages, encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities in order to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.